The forth day of live fire maneuvers conducted this time by the Syrian Air Force on July 10th 2012, it's realy one of the ever amazing videos showing some of the SyAAF units been shoot from very close distance (I'm talking about aircraft while taking off)
Details of this video are as below:
- 0:39 Four Mig-21's
- 0:48 Mig-23ML's dispensing flares
- 0:53 Mig-29's taking off
- 1:26 Two Mig-29's in pursuit with two Mig-23ML's
- 2:10 Su-24MK taking off
- 2:42 Mig-23BN's taking off
- 3:16 and 3:44 Su-24's releasing free-fall bombs
- 3:34 Mig-23BN's launching unguided missiles
- 4:01 Gazelles
- 4:25 Mil Mi-25's firing anti-tank missiles, are they the AT-2 Swatter?
- 5:36 Mil Mi-17's performing landing of special forces units
- 6:16 An-26 airdropping cargo
It's good to see that these great Mig-21's are still operational in SyAAF !!
It's the very first time in Syrian media to show Mig-29 from such close distance !!
Mig-23ML's, the first one's reg. number is not clear but can be read kinda like #397 !?!?
The Su-24MK was also and for the first time shoot from short distance; Unfortunately in these maneuvers they did not fit it with guided missiles or bombs, this tactical bomber wasn't built to pass over the target exposing itself to the ground fire to throw free-fall bombs !!
Gazelles launching AS-12 wire-guided anti-tank missiles, note that the Gazelle looks it must be in still status to be able to launch such missile?
Not like the Gazelle, the Mi-25 can fire its anti-tank missiles while in movement.